What are the best coding languages to learn with the highest paying jobs?

4

Leo’s Answer

I don't think it's about the language, it's about the value you bring to the company with your skills -- and it's not just coding, but how good you are at solving problems, analyzing stuff, working with others, etc.

I've met engineers who are great at coding, but then they get hung up on little irrelevant details and they have a hard time delivering anything useful -- and I've also met great engineers that just get things done.

Now, trying to answer your question: it depends on the job. C/C++ is a good general language that you'll probably need at some point in your career. Then there's Go, C#, Java, Python, etc. To answer your question you'll probably have to look at current job postings and see if any salaries are listed, then check what are the qualifications the companies are looking for.

0

Moushumi’s Answer

I think learning Java would give you some advantage. If you aim is to join a Fin-Tech or one of the FAANG companies, knowing Java could be useful. However, most of the high paying companies never have language specific requirements, most interviews will be language agnostic. They will not expect you to know the language they are working on. They will expect you to know atleast one programming language in great depth, this language should ideally be an object oriented language. Knowing Java, Python, Go or C++ helps. Knowing one language in depth is important because that will help you pick up any other language quite fast!

I would suggest you make a list of companies you want to join and then go through their job listings and see what are the languages they are using. Then decide on which language you want to master.

0

Madhura’s Answer

C, C++ cover most software engineering concepts. However, you need to learn the languages thoroughly to understand all software engineering concepts, e.g. data structures, pointers etc. C, C++ knowledge will translate to learn other languages easily.

0

Glenn’s Answer

C+ C' and Python are hot right now. C for gaming and Python for Dev/Ops. Database programing is also hot right now with platforms like JSON and CouchDB, MongoDB.

0