10
Updated 200 views Translate

Programming languages

Hello!

I am a college student majoring in computer science. I have realised that not everything is taught in a classroom, therefore I don't know which language should I pick up next. I studied C, Java, SQL, HTML. I am currently learning CSS, but what should be next?
Thank you!

10

1

Wayne’s Answer

Hi So24fia. That's a pretty impressive list. You may want to consider Python and JavaScript next. These are some of the in-demand programming languages that are generating the most jobs today.

1
0

Buddhima’s Answer

I'd also suggest building projects to practice what you've learned. Code something to solve a problem that you or someone you know has. This will help you get good at languages.
0
0

Josh’s Answer

Hi,

What you should learn next is completely dependent on what you want to get into. If you want to do full stack work, I'd recommend Javascript, typescript, some framework like react or angular. If you want to do anything data related I'd highly recommend both Python and R. Generally though I think Python is a great language thats easy to learn and likely to be useful for you in the future.
0
0

Ryan’s Answer

I would take a look at what languages are in demand in the field you want to go into, and in your region. From there, I would look into where you see that language going in the next 5 years, and then learn the language and build a project to showcase your abilities in it. In building your own project you will also be motivated to learn some of the intricacies that you might not otherwise learn by following tutorials.
0
0

Shweta’s Answer

I will suggest python next

0
0

Anna’s Answer

C# is also a pretty good language to know, it'll pair well wit your HTML/CSS/SQL experience :)
0
0

Josh’s Answer

Hi,

0
0

Jonathan’s Answer

Hello!

You seem to have wide experience in several languages. I would suggest taking a look at C++, as it builds upon C and is widely used in the industry. In addition, I would also advise you to take a look at some scripting languages, such as Javascript or Python. Good luck!
0
0

Rebecca’s Answer

Thank you for your question. I am glad that you have learnt so many programming languages. The languages you have learnt are the most popular ones already.
Different programming languages have different purpose, e.g. SQL is on database, C is more on system related, javascripts is more popular for web related, etc. It is really subject to what do you to do programming.
On the other hand, there are other new programming emerges in addition to tradition ones, e.g. Python, Lua, etc. that subject to the platforms. For example, Lua is used for programming on a gaming platform Roblox, etc.
If you can keen to learn more, you can explore what the popular platform and languages. Also, practices makes perfect. You can start learning the programming languages and start the programming. There are something new coming out everyday in Tech. You have to have an open minded and keep yourself up to date.
Good Luck! Hope this helps!
0
0

Sherin’s Answer

I'd suggest Python and C++
Thank you comment icon Hey Sherin, can you elaborate on why you suggest these two? That might help this student make their decision Gurpreet Lally, Admin
0