6
Updated 148 views Translate

If I was undecided on what engineering profession to pursue, what engineering field you'll recommend for me to study?

I want to make sure that I choose the best engineering profession for me, but also learn how to choose the best profession.

Thank you comment icon Why do you want to be an engineer specifically? Is there an engineer in your family and you want to continue the tradition of engineers? Do you have a passion for inventing things, set them apart, try to understand how things work? I will recommend a book for you, What Color Is Your Parachute? by Richard Nelson Bolles, this is the world's most popular job-hunting guide. Hope it helps you decide which engineering field to pursue if engineering at all is for you, you will discover that in the book. Good luck. Liliana Roman, HAS, BC-HIS

6

1

Ray’s Answer

Hi There!

This is a great question! My question for you is, what do you enjoy doing? Do you like working with your hands and building or fixing things? Or are you more of a computer person? Do you like math and data analytics? Or are you more into chemistry? While, yes some industries are more in demand then others, I think it's also important to choose the engineering field that aligns with what YOU enjoy. I would research more about each discipline and what people with those degrees do as career then make your decision.
1
0

Drew’s Answer

The first two years of engineering school will cover the basics that are common to all engineering disciplines. Lots of math, statics, dynamics, the strength of materials, and chemical reactions. Schools may have updated the course on the electromagnetic phenomena to software engineering. You will be able to make a much better decision after having learned a little about various disciplines. If you feel you must pick one, pick anything. If you change your mind you can always change it before you get into discipline-specific courses.

Drew recommends the following next steps:

Review the Occupational Outlook Handbook for information on growth potential, pay and other useful information.
0
0

Dhanabal’s Answer

I would say Information Technology or Bio-Technology,

Information Technology keeps evolving , and more opportunities with Technology
Biotechnology - a lot of opportunities, not lot explored

All the best ! Choose based on your interest!
0
0

Christopher’s Answer

Hello,

This is a good question. I would recommend Software Engineering because it is the most in-demand Engineering career right now and it will be a demand in the future. The salary is very good. Software Engineering is a career where you code/create/enhance websites, mobile applications, or gaming software. You can also work as a Software Test Engineer where you would test the websites created. If any of these is an interest to you, I would recommend choosing this type of Engineering.

Kind Regards
0