Devetra C.

3994

60

When should I start looking for a job when I'm a senior in college?

I heard people say when they graduated college they already have a job lined up. #college #college-advice #career #career-counseling #career-plan #job-search

chat-bubble-icon1 answer

Hi Devetra, This is going to depend a lot on your major. The recruiting timelines differ between industries, but I would recommend starting early. You'll want to have your resume and cover letters ready to go by the time you start applying to jobs and this process can take a while. It's also a good idea to build relationships with professionals in your intended field, and this is also a very time consuming process. Starting early in the fall could be a good time, but again, it will depend on your industry. Things like business and engineering will start very early in the fall, where jobs in marketing, communications, and others are more on an as-needed basis, but can pop up throughout the year. Another reason to start early is because not all companies follow the normal timelines, so by waiting, you could miss out on a great opportunity if the company recruits in the fall, when most in their industry recruits in the spring.
Last updated Dec 04 '17 at 14:32

Schools Add a schools