Love to hear replies on this: What's the happiest experience you've had in college and/or high school? Tell me about it.

I know a lot of us on here are looking at that college scholarship sweepstakes, but take some time away for scholarship searching, and share something. Super cliche, but why the heck not.

#yolo #scholarship #college #hashtag #mental-health #student #education #life

Hi Angelina, My most memorable college experience was the time I joined my sorority. At the time, I didn’t know the lasting impact it would have on my life. As a sophomore, I befriended 16 young women, who the majority of have become my best friends for more than 20 years. Not only are they my network, they are family. I love and cherish them dearly. When you start your college journey, think about joining a sorority, you won’t regret it. Best Wishes, #Sisterhood # Sisters Rock # Sorority Girl Magic Denise Peoples

5

Jennifer’s Answer

Angelina,

I appreciate your question; as with most things, it's good to get perspective - especially at a particularly stressful time such as this!

It's been a number of years, but I still remember when I received my acceptance letter and scholarship award from what would later become my undergraduate alma mater. It was my happiest moment because I was finally able to breath, relax, and enjoy the rest of my senior year in high school!

When in college, I remember experiencing the same kind of moment when I made my final choice for a major - leaving me feeling happy, accomplished, and relieved all at the same time!

These decisions aren't easy and take time. If you can keep your wits about you while others are losing theirs, you can follow your instincts and achieve great things - hopefully while enjoying the journey in the process!!! :-)

All the best to you -

Thanks for replying! I'll definitely keep your advice in mind at college Angelina N.

1

G. Mark’s Answer

This might not sound like a big deal, but in High School I had a pretty good time. And I graduated summa cum laude. Most of us hadn't heard of that before, so it got some chuckles. And when I got on stage with my fancy-schmancy gold thingy on, my classmates started dancing behind me singing "Cum Laude" to the tune of Dean Martin's Volare. I can't think about it without smiling and feeling nostalgic. Up to that point, I didn't think I meant much to folks, but I really appreciated that little goofing around. I think it ended up photographed and published somewhere, but it's really burned into my brain.

0

Hwal’s Answer

Hi Angelina,

Commencement would be my happiest memory from college, followed closely by the public speaking class. Honestly though, there are too many happy experiences to name even just two!

Thanks for the question!

Hwal

0

Hi Angelina,

A great question! Honestly it was getting out of my comfort zone and making new, lifelong friends. I went to college with a set group of friends and we stuck around each other for the most part. But by our second semester of Freshman year, we challenged each other to go outside of the group to expand our network of friends. This resulted in the development of new and lasting relationships that I still maintain today. Several of these new friends were actually groomsmen in my wedding. So my challenge to you would be make as many new friends as you can. They really help develop and define how great your college experience can be.

Thanks!

Mike

0