Why should we hire you?

I am always on time when it comes to work.
#work #interview

18

Tricia’s Answer

As a hiring manager I would expect someone to be on time. I think you have more to offer above arriving to your job when expected. Think about what else you are strong at — solving problems, good communication skills (written or interacting with others), teaming, etc. I look for individuals who know what they are good at, coupled with being eager to learn.

Tricia recommends the following next steps:

Identify your strengths beyond being on time.
Communicate your strengths when interviewing for a position (your strengths that align with what the job entails)

1

Sydnie’s Answer

Focus on 2 - 3 key things that you think set you apart.

If your always on time for work you could say " I take my job seriously and am always on time for work. I am reliable and can be depended on to be at the office for working hours". If this applies to your work ethic as well you could continue with, " As well as being on time to work, I can also be depended on to ensure I deliver the work that I say I will."

1

Rohit’s Answer

The answer to this question largely revolves around the role/position being filled and what qualities the hiring manager is looking at while hiring or conducting the interview.

For the interviewer, this question essentially is a "fitment question" a way to filter, if the candidate is suited for the position at hand, in terms of skill sets they have or value they bring to the table while for the candidate this is the question that gets them to the next rounds.

There are no best answers but a best way to answer and that would be to
1. Research about the role you are interviewing for. Look up online or ask people whom you know in the prospective organization.
2. Look up about the person who is interviewing you and what roles they play in the organization. Usually candidates are told before hand whom they will be meeting and typically there could be multiple rounds. An HR recruiter could be looking at general characteristics whereas the line manager could be looking at something direct. The business head could looking at something general in a more strategic sense. Both the HR and the business lead are usually validating what the direct manager has shared observations..
3. Finally when you have the above research done - you have to craft your response. This is sort of your elevator pitch that will get your foot i the door, so one would need to know their strengths and how those strengths can be applied to the position.

0

Doreen’s Answer

Orlando, this is a question a lot of interviewer asks. Before you answer the question, it would be great to do some preparation before attend the interview. Understand about the company, on the role what are the requirements, what are they looking for. Have a self-exploration of yourself - what is your strength for this role what you think you are a fit. Use data and real detail examples to support the reasons and elaborate it clear.

I hope this helps.

0

Paula’s Answer

As others have mentioned, being punctual for work is a good quality but likely not something that will set you apart from other candidates. If you want to stand out from other candidates they are interviewing, take the time to analyze the job description and skill set they are looking for and prepare a tailored response that showcases how you meet those expectations, what your strengths are, etc. Not everyone makes it to the interview phase, so if you get that far make it count.

0

Christopher’s Answer

I always look at a Job description as a check the box. I find out what they need and what I offer and if they relate. I also heavily research the company, their culture, growth, hiring and retention rates and any feedback on Glassdoor.

I want to know what people like about working there and what they don't. I also want to show/tell the company you are a dedicated talent for their current need and for future growth needs.

0

Amanda’s Answer

Hi Orlando!

Great question! Although being punctual is a great quality to have, I think you can make an even stronger case for yourself by highlighting your strengths when answering this.

This questions is your chance to show the interviewer why you would be an invaluable asset to the company. So when creating your answer, show how you will and value to the company.

The sites linked below had great examples that could help you when formulating your answer:
1) https://www.thebalancecareers.com/why-should-we-hire-you-best-answers-2061261
2) https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/interviewing/interview-question-why-should-we-hire-you

Goodluck on your journey!

0

Larry’s Answer

First is preparation, -- What are your strengths, How do you align with the job description? More importantly, how do you stand out? Before the interview , try to formulate your answer by researching the company and understanding the job description, what is unique about you that makes you qualified.

Most often this question comes later in the interview. If this is the case ,you have had the opportunity to find out what qualities are important to the hiring manager, I advise my clients to ask this question early the interviewing process. What's important to the person doing the hiring? With this knowledge you can provide an answer that is tailored specifically to the job.

Doing so will make you unique and stand out from the other candidates interviewing for the job.

0

Amra’s Answer

Look what the job description is asking for, and compare to what you have to offer. Explain why you meet these expectations, and give examples. They better be a bit more than "I arrive to work on time" :)

0

Cedric’s Answer

I would find out as much information as you can about the company and position. You have to remember people are coming up with all kinds of manufactured answers but you want to make sure the answer you provides speaks to you have some interest and knowledge into the operation of the company.

0

shubha’s Answer

Flexibility and adaptability are the key things which every Employer is looking for.
One needs to be open to changes, accept the challenges, and be active.

0

Simi’s Answer

I am always directing my work on the general goals of the company at large and aligning my work to the successful achievement goals of the company. I can multitask and I am very calm when it comes to firefighting. I am a good team player but can lead a team with equal ease as well. I resonate with this company and if I am given an opportunity here, I will do my best to outshine the expectations from me.

0

Nikisha’s Answer

I can personally guarantee that my contribution as part of your team will generate positive revenue for the company through my expertise in the field im applying, my eagerness to learn more, and through hard work so I can be able to contribute to the company's growth.

0

Fiona’s Answer

Research the firm and the role and think how your skills would be relevant to this.
Prepare in advance some situations you have been in which your ability to perform e.g. team work (if this is something valuable to the role)
Have you previously worked at other places where the skills would be relevant?
Usually terms like motivated, keen to learn, love challenges, persistent are good to include as characteristics

0

Amanda’s Answer

This question is a great opportunity to sell yourself! Bring up the strengths you have that are relative to the position and talk about those. Also if you feel there were any concerns the Interviewer had, this is a time to bring those up and let them know why this should not be a concern. Don't be afraid to brag about yourself, that's what an interview is all about!

0

Amra’s Answer

0

Dennis’s Answer

Orlando that is awesome and important being on time at work - also remember seek out more responsibility at work as it most always will improve your chances of career progression by showing initiative!

Good Luck!

0

Rohit’s Answer

0

Amanda’s Answer

0

Celeste’s Answer

Hello Orlando, being on time is a great quality as punctuality is a trait which shows discipline. However when asking this question during an interview I’m usually looking for an answer which is not only specific to that employees character but as well as something that makes them stand out from other candidates. I would make your answer more personal to your character.

These are some helpful tips I have taken and given to answer this question:

1. Tailor the answer to the company you’re interviewing for. (What skills may they be looking for that you have?)
2. Research the company and position (What solution may they be trying to solve by hiring someone for this role and how can you help with that?)
3. Keep the answer specific and short (don’t ramble)

Good Luck!

Celeste recommends the following next steps:

Create a pitch
Practice your pitch

0