Kieta M.

61

2

Exploring interests in college, how do I choose classes?

I'm a high school senior who has interest in multiple fields for college. One thing I'm looking at is engineering school. I know a lot of colleges have separate GEs or core requirements for engineering majors but I would still like to explore other subjects such as foreign language and music. How would I go about this in college and when choosing classes?

#engineering #college-advice #college-major #college #foreign-languages #engineer #music #college-majors

best way is to speak with your counselor at school or if you would like to wait, you can ask the counselors during your college orientation.
Last updated Oct 13 '17 at 13:19

Don't worry too much about going out of your way to explore different fields/classes during your undergrad, college is so focused on Gen. Eds. anymore that you're bound to be able to take classes in a wide array of fields. If you want to do engineering and feel that you would be good at it, go for it! On top of that, being an engineer with foreign language skills is even better! You could easily double major in engineering and a foreign language if you're willing to put in the work or minor in the foreign language if you're nervous about the double major. As for music, you'll have plenty of opportunities to explore that with your Gen. Ed. requirements. Music, whether a major or minor, is always a really tough program, so if you choose to go that route, be ready to put in a lot of work for an uncertain reward.

This professional recommends the following next steps:

Last updated Oct 20 '17 at 20:04

1 comment

Schools Add a schools