What are the tasks and responsibilities Real Estate Agents have?

Asked San Antonio, Texas

I am a high school senior wanting to become a real estate agent. I wanted to know an in depth what the responsibilities and tasks are so I could maybe prepare myself before actually becoming a real estate agent.
#business #real-estate #employer #realtor #economics #housing #estate #help #focus # #pro #ceo #marketing

Scott’s Answer

Updated Houston, Texas

Hi JaChae,

If you're 18, have no felony convictions, then you can take the courses and test necessary to be a Realtor. The courses and the test cost $, and there are all sorts of costs associated with the business before and after you are a Realtor. Having your own car, business cards, signs, membership fees, etc., are all things that you will pay. You will have no benefits (like health or dental insurance).

So your first responsibility will be to secure enough savings to be a realtor. Also you'll need to save enough to live on for at least 6 months until you begin selling property (unless you sell something, you don't get paid). It may be a good idea to have other sources of cash flow. Then Join a Brokerage. Some cost more than others: My experience is that you get back what you pay.

Once you're financially stable, then you make a list of everyone you know, and everyone they know, and you advertise yourself as a realtor. A responsible brokerage will guide you through the transactional process. Its pretty simple after the first couple of times, and basically involves choosing the correct forms and filling them out in time.

Scott recommends the following next steps:

• Graduate from HS with excellent grades
  • $ave