If you were going to rate your job, 1-10, 1 being horrible and 10 being amazing, what would you rate it?

So, you are filling out a survey for your job. One of the questions is, "Rate your job on a scale of 1-10, 1 being worst and 10 being best." What would you rate your job? Do you wake up every morning excited to go to work, do you just "not mind" working, or do you REALLY hate your job?
Thank you so much for your answers! It means a lot to me! #business #career #medicine #science #teaching #law #social-media #customer-service

13

Wendy’s Answer

Angelina, From my experience, as in life, there can be highs and lows with any job. I have worked for several different industries over the years. There are as many reasons for a job to be amazing or horrible at times as there are people working. If I could offer some advice, it would be for you to know what's important to you (what do you want out of your job), seek work that is fulfilling to you and check in with yourself to evaluate how you feel about your job. Hopefully you will find something you truly enjoy! Good luck with your search!

Your answer is great Wendy, thanks so much for sharing your expertise! At this moment there are more than 800 unanswered questions so I wanted to encourage you to keep going! So many students will benefit tremendously from hearing from you. Keep up the great work! Jordan Rivera COACH

4

Erica’s Answer

Hi,
I work with students and graduates who are training to get in HVAC and Welding careers. Both careers are in high demand and with experience can pay well. I have ups and downs in my career, but even on the worse day a call from an employer requesting my services to fill an open position they have or a call from a graduate telling me they got a job offer can make my answer 10+ all the time. I enjoy what I have an opportunity to do everyday, so I am going to answer your question by saying 9. Thanks

Thank you so much for your answer! It was very helpful to me. Angelina P.

you are so welcome. Have a wonderful day M. Lavern Douglas

3

Dra. Marisol’s Answer

I love my Job. However, sometimes is other people that makes the work hard not the job by itself. Working in a team is not easy , but it is something we can learn, develop and enjoy.
I will say a 10 !

Good Luck!

Thank you for your answer! Angelina P.

2

Wow, this one is really difficult!

Like Erica, I love working with jobseekers! But besides that, there are many factors. Organizational structure? Not good. Ease of getting time off? Great! Meets my needs, considering I have disabilities, probably about an 8. Compensation and benefits? Could be better. Potential for advancement/Intellectually stimulating? No.

overall? about a 6, sadly.

Thank you for your answer! I appreciate it. Angelina P.

2

Letasha’s Answer

I work with an incredible team and we encourage each other to exceed our customer's expectations. Each day, it may be a constant struggle to keep up with the changes in any type of industry, but for the most part, I would rate my job a 10. Good luck in your job search.

1

Michelle’s Answer

I rate my job between 8-9. Nothing is ever perfect but I enjoy my job thoroughly. I work in an niche industry in that the company provides medical, security and travel assistance to business and leisure travelers. I have the opportunity to help individuals who may be sick or injured in a foreign country and not receiving the appropriate medical care. Services include medically evacuating an individual via air ambulance to a higher level or care or coordinating the extraction of a traveler who is in an unsafe situation due to political or religious turmoil such as what recently occurred in Sri Lanka.

The feeling is great when you know you are actually helping people in need.

Michelle recommends the following next steps:

If you're interested in learning more about travel assistance services, I recommend looking at companies such as Travel Guard, AXA or ISOS.

1

M. Lavern’s Answer

Hi Angelina,
Good question. I would keep this on a professional level. Every company has its struggles whether with its image or reputation. I would divide the scale between five and tens range rate. I would write on page five good and five points that may need improvement. Your survey can weight heavy on your decision to work in that environment. I happen to like my job and I enjoy working on some projects and other projects not so much. After working the corporate world for a long time.. I now work for myself. so I am the boss.

Your answer is great M. Lavern, thanks so much for sharing your expertise! At this moment there are more than 800 unanswered questions so I wanted to encourage you to keep going! So many students will benefit tremendously from hearing from you. Keep up the great work! Jordan Rivera COACH

1

Lakesha’s Answer

I actually Love my job because I Love what I do. I’m a people person and I’m on the frontline teaching and coaching my team on being successful. One of the benefits of my current job is hands on training. I really enjoy it because I’m able to sharpen my skills as well as develop my employee. The feeling of being held accountable for what I’m putting out makes me push even harder.

My company have really went Above and Beyond during this epidemic our world is face with today. I rate them a 10 because my team and myself are mentally satisfied with the care we are receiving during this terrible time.

0

Brett’s Answer

Hello,
I would agree with some of the other users here, that work and how I feel about it are very situational. If I were to reflect I would say that I love my job and probably fall somewhere on average around a 7 or 8. Obviously I will hold out a perfect 10 as I have the "dream jobs" that everyone has. However I feel it changes based on your situation, what happens throughout your day as well as what can be happening in your personal life. The thing to remember is that when you have a job others count on you, whether you consider it a great or terrible job. It is a personal reflection of yourself when you show up on an awful day ready to work. Those around you would much rather work with someone who can overcome a difficult situation/day than sit and sulk all day. You also have to realize jobs like life are going to have their tough days. How we respond makes all the difference. I hope this helps!

0

Linda’s Answer

I consider myself an Educator, as a teacher and librarian. My most fulfilling work was combining the two and would rate 9 or 10 because it's my passion. My main area of teaching is English for Speakers of Other Languages which acquainted me with many fascinating people around the world as well as opportunities to travel. That I have provided something needed by precious children and wanted by scientists, international entrepreneurs, other educators, and more is a privilege they honor me with.

Linda recommends the following next steps:

Reach out to others.
Learn languages.
Find what you can provide that others need.
Keep learning; it's a cycle of getting and giving.

0

10/10
Radiology is an exciting and dynamic field. For me personally, the procedures are the most exciting. For example, we recently introduced Y-90 radioembolization at our hospital. This provides a new opportunity to treat liver cancers and prolong lives.

0

Brett’s Answer

Hello,

0

Carol’s Answer

Hey there!

I would definitely rank my job a 10! I am a project manager and get to remodel /remerch and help with new retail locations. I love what I do because the setup is always changing, I get to work with different teams at each location and I never get board!
In addition to the actual job that I do, I love working for our company. During this pandemic, there has been so much uncertainty. The one thing that was certain for me was that our company would keep us whole financially, no matter what temproary assignment we received.. Finding a company that looks out for the employees is something to pay attention to when you are looking. In times like these, it means so much...

0