1. Develop and use strong time-management skills! Leverage your abilities "to prioritize" and "work smart". For example, when your friends want to go see the third movie this week, you'll have to weigh it in your mind, and perhaps say, "Thanks, but I have study plans", and then go to the library or a quiet study spot and make that happen.
2. Do some regular exercise! You'll probably get a lot just by walking to, from, and between classes, but make sure you get some physical activity, because it will help you stay healthy and sleep well.
3. Find "Study Halls", group study labs, or approach other students in your class to link-up at least weekly to study together! I wouldn't have passed Calculus without a great teacher and two buddies in class - we went math lab after class and worked on the homework problems together, a great help!
4. If you need help, and there are on-campus tutoring resources or "office hours" available, use them! There are also on-line tutoring resources available, which can help you if stuck.
5. Have some fun, too! If you've finished up a lot of studying, papers, research, etc, then it's time to have some fun, too.
#college #college-bound #studying-tips #study-habits #study-skills #tutoring #peer-tutoring #homework