Rebecca H.’s Avatar

Rebecca H.

61

1

A two year or four year college?

I'm debating between a two year school and a four year residential college. Two year would save me a lot #help But a four year provides a full experience #collegelife
I cant decide is my money worth the four year or should I just transfer to a medical school after the first two years #nurse #college #medicine #healthcare #academic-advising

#college #career-details

I love this question; more students should ask it :) If there's a strong community college local to you, which features transferable credits to four-year schools, it's a great way to start! Even though I was accepted to UCLA from high school, I started at a two-year community college, and I was able to transfer to UCLA at the beginning of my junior year. I loved the smaller class sizes, the ability to live at home, and the financial savings of attending community college; plus it prepared me for the study habits required to succeed in college. If, however, you're set on going straight to a four-year school, and you're serious about learning and exercising good study habits, then by all means that's a great choice, too! Look at it this way: Success is possible with either path. And getting a college education is excellent preparation to do great things ahead, too. #college #college-bound #college-advice #community-college
Last updated Nov 11 '17 at 16:09
By your hash tags, looks like you are interested in nursing. Many community colleges now offer a two year program that will give you an associate of science degree. You'll can start working then upon graduation or can opt to continue your education for the bachelor of science 4-year degree at a university or college. As pointed out, community college credits transfer when you move to another institution. and it's also becoming more common to have community colleges work directly with 4-year universities nearby on various programs and transferring of credits to ease the transition. There are advantages either way depending on what your ultimate goal is. One advantage of starting work is that your are earning income which then can assist in paying for your further studies. Many medical institutions will offer tuition reimbursement for your next round of studies too. Touch base with your local guidance counselor at community colleges near you. They can go into the detail of the transfer capabilities and whether the have a share program with universities nearby or in the state. They may also offer a work-study program that is aligned with a local medical institution that can give you hands on experience while you study. Good luck!
Last updated Dec 28 '17 at 08:15

I would start off at a two year college to save money. If you know what you career you would like, then I recommend looking up the degree plan for the career of your choosing. Try to take as many classes you can for your degree at a two year college to reduce the cost and when you transfer to a University you saved a lot of money.

Last updated Jul 30 at 10:55
I strongly recommend attending a 2 year college then transferring to a University/College. You will pursing the same core courses but while saving so much money!
Last updated Jan 12 at 11:34