Col Sen’s Answer
you are doing great with your curriculum and your high CGPA will hold you in good stead. I think you are missing on your strength. You must have done good in your project(s) or App development etc, make a mention, howsoever trivial that may appear to you. I have some more actions to suggest:
- Look beyond your curriculum: You may work on developing an App or a small macro say connecting two platforms seamlessly like What's App/Voot/Hangout and see if you can customize to make it useful for Digital Marketing/Social Engineering.
- I am looking at the issue of bank or credit card frauds: how to stop cyber attacks against banks by studying the gaps in the existing system, if you get an opportunity. There is a time lag between fraud detection/ reporting and risk mitigation, presently it goes even upto 90 days or more.There are gaps even in the Operating systems and Ransomewares like Wannacry or Petyacry are exploiting these gaps/or soft spots and punching hole in it, so develop a patch. In fact, possibilities are endless.
- I worked on a project to connect the Antenna system with a software to control the output and beam it at a particular direction and controlled the power output so that there is no spurious transmission (side or back lobes). Today you have robotics and AI to help in these kinds of projects/products.
- May be you work on an OS based on Sanskrit! Develop a model or do system analysis, if you can.
- Assess your capability/liking and working on it as an hobby. Keep looking at the problems we face in day to day world and try to pick up one issue that you can work on. Mention these efforts/products(if you develop and showcase it in your CV).
- In addition, mention your strength on the subjects like: OS, Data Structures, AI and Robotics or languages etc.
This professional recommends the following next steps:
- Be a member of CSI or such professional bodies. Participate in online/live competitions/seminars on related subjects of your interest. Publish papers or write blogs or for technical journals and add them in your CV.