Career Questions tagged Dorm Life

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16 50 views

For those who lived on/near campus, what advice do you have for living independently for the first time?

Office Hours #2: SDSU College Student Panel This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was college life. If...

#college-transition #college #dorm-life

Jasmine N.’s Avatar
Jasmine N. Jan 18, 2018 316 views

What is the best way to become friends with my college roomate?

I`m heading of to college soon and I don`t know what she`ll be like. It makes me a bit nervous that she`s a stranger to me, because what if its hard to become friends with her or we end up not liking each other. #roommates (new) #college...

#dorm-life

franziska B.’s Avatar
franziska B. Jan 22, 2018 315 views

How long does it take to adjust to a university located in a large city?

I currently live in a small/medium city, but many of the schools I applied to are located in very large cities. I'm wondering how overwhelming it can be to move someone so different than what I'm used to. #moving #personal-development #dorm-life...

#college-life

Devin F.’s Avatar
Devin F. Jan 20, 2018 294 views

Do you have tips for adjusting to being away from home for the first time?

I'm fairly independent but I'm very close with my family. How do you deal with being away from home and living with roommates in a dorm? #first-year #living-away-from-home #dorm-life...

#roommates