Career Questions tagged Music Recording

Alicia P.’s Avatar
Alicia P. Mar 10, 2018 303 views

I am a High School student and don't know which career i would choose. For one I know people don't take music seriously, because of the jobs. But I love Both!!

Engineering and Music sound GREAT for me, but every time I search "engineering in the music industry" it says audio engineering, for some reason I was hoping something else. What kind of engineering would it fall under if I were to use it to work in the music industry? #civil-engineering...

#music-composition #mechanical-engineering #music-producer #music-industry #music-education #music-recording

Juan Carlos M.’s Avatar
Juan Carlos M. Jan 23, 2018 327 views

How do i begin a musical career?

I want to learn how to make music my profession or even where to start. #music #music-production #music-industry #music-recording #music-education...

#music-composition

Juan Carlos M.’s Avatar
Juan Carlos M. Jan 22, 2018 324 views

how do you begin a musical career?

I've been interested in music for a long time and i feel like it would be my best choice as a career. I play instruments but how do i get signed by a label company or even get recognized by other people? What are the first steps i would have to take? #music #music-industry #music-recording...

#music-education #music-producer

Aileen J.’s Avatar
Aileen J. Oct 25, 2017 480 views

What kind of classes or internships would be helpful to take if I want to do PR in the music industry?

It took me a few years to find out what I wanted to study in college while I was at a community college, taking a lot of different classes to see what interests me the most. I really liked mass communication classes and found out about public relations and think it would be a fun career path....

#college #internships #public-relations #music-recording #music-industry

Ramon A.’s Avatar
Ramon A. Oct 24, 2017 394 views

What would you say would be the required amount of years in college for the music industry?

Hello, my name is Ramon; and I am currently a 17 year old high school senior and I am currently wondering if I may be able to receive a few answers to a few questions that I would like to receive answers to. Apologies for the intrusion of asking these questions if they may seem redundant. I...

#audio #music-production #music #digital-audio #audio-engineering #music-industry #college #school #music-recording

Deniece W.’s Avatar
Deniece W. Sep 01, 2017 784 views

Is a degree in music business worth it?

I'm interested in becoming a successful rapper/producer. I know I have the talent, and I have plenty of time to keep improving my skills, but I'm well aware that you need to know a lot about how the business works, how to network, how to market yourself, etc. But there are a lot of online...

#music-performance #music-recording #music-industry #music-production

Calvin M.’s Avatar
Calvin M. Aug 31, 2017 808 views

What is the best route to becoming a music and electrician engineer?

I'm asking because, my college career choice was to major in music engineering and minor in electrical engineering. Honestly, I chose the careers I enjoy doing and want to make my life style. One day I want to own my own Record/Recording label (music engineering). If I have a wiring...

#electrical-engineering #music-recording #music-production

Emily G.’s Avatar
Emily G. May 05, 2016 428 views

What college courses would I need to take to become a Recording Arts Technician?

I really want to work in a music studio but I live in a small town with little opportunity and I would very much appreciate if you could help me figure out what courses I need to take. Thank you so much! #music #music-recording #recording-production...

#studio-recording

Leigh L.’s Avatar
Leigh L. Mar 24, 2015 2197 views

What does a record producer do, how much do they make, and is it a good start- up job for someone who likes music and art?

I am very interested in record production and I really want to know what it is like to be one. #music-recording...

#record-labels