Career Questions tagged Collegeapplication

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Aug 29, 2018 235 views

What kind of volunteering hours can we include in college applications?

When I apply for colleges, I notice that they ask for volunteer hours. I'm curious as to what kind of hours they will consider. I volunteer at my church occasionally and help out at my school, do activities like that count? #volunteer...

#collegeapplication

Erica H.’s Avatar
Erica H. Aug 27, 2018 216 views

How can i make a competitive application for college?

I really want to put my best into my application but im not sure what I need to do or put on the application to put me above over candidates. Is there anything particular I should include on it or work harder on improving? #collegeapplication...

#competitive

Gabriela M.’s Avatar
Gabriela M. Aug 27, 2018 210 views

Do community service hours affect your college resume?

I go to a virtual public school where, unlike public schools, there is no number of mandatory community service hours needed to graduate. However, it is still possible to have volunteer hours in your school record. I want to know if community service can improve my chances of getting accepted...

#communityservice #college #school #collegeapplication

Mehdi A.’s Avatar
Mehdi A. Aug 20, 2018 196 views

How can I make my college application stronger?

It's my senior year, any last minute things I should do?...

#collegeapplication

Anna S.’s Avatar
Anna S. Aug 11, 2018 216 views

If I am able, would it be beneficial to me if I started a new club at my school?

I've considered starting a new club at my school, but I don't know if it'll be worth it. I have a very busy schedule and most of the students at my school don't join clubs or take them seriously. I don't want to waste my time if it's not going to be worthwhile. #club #extracurricular...

#highschool #collegeapplication

Tyler H.’s Avatar
Tyler H. May 08, 2018 326 views

When applying to different college, how do you decide which one is best for you?

I want to apply to several colleges so I can have more choices and more opportunities. After looking at several colleges, I'm not sure which one would work for me the most. #college-advice #collegeapplication...

#graphic-design

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Mar 27, 2018 331 views

On my college application, can I list things I accomplished prior to high school?

I am going to apply for colleges by the end of the year. I have a lot of things I can talk about prior to high school because I was an immigrant and I did a lot back then in another country. I hope I can put those on my college application so then the people can understand me more. #college...

#college-recruiting #college-advice #college-admissions #collegeapplication

Clara S.’s Avatar
Clara S. Mar 21, 2018 372 views

How do you stand out in college applications?

Amidst the numerous students who have perfect GPA's and ACT/SAT scores, it is important to stand out in other ways. However, what necessarily makes one appear to have more potential? Clubs? Sports? I am asking because in todays day and age, anyone can have perfect grades so there must be other...

#collegeapp #collegeapplication

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jan 25, 2018 270 views

what are some advice to give when students apply for colleges?

students always have trouble going through the application process. What are some good suggestions for students who are struggling with college application? What things should they watch out or keep in mind? #college #college-admissions ##collegeapplication...

#college-advice

Sreshta V.’s Avatar
Sreshta V. Jan 16, 2018 191 views

What type of advice do you have for doing college applications effectively?

I am in my second semester of junior year and college applications are around the corner. I was wondering how to do the applications effectively and where they make a lasting impact on the admissions deans....

#collegeapplication