Career Questions tagged Psychiatrists

Shavone B.’s Avatar
Shavone B. Oct 09 50 views
Lydia W.’s Avatar
Lydia W. May 22, 2016 536 views

Should I take psychology to become a psychiatrist

I thought psychology would be a good thing to study if I wanted to be a psychiatrist but I feel like I should take a harder math major instead #psychiatry #psychiatrists #psychiatric-care #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care...

#psychology

Giona M.’s Avatar
Giona M. May 16, 2016 491 views

What are medical residencies like?

I want to go into psychiatry and 4-5 years of the schooling is medical residencies. I just want to know what to expect and what I am getting myself into. #medicine #psychiatry #psychiatrists #doctor...

#hospital-and-health-care

Nicole R.’s Avatar
Nicole R. May 13, 2016 481 views
Kaylynn C.’s Avatar
Kaylynn C. May 18, 2016 721 views

What majors/minors should I pursue if I want to become a Psychiatrist?

I would like to become a psychiatrist to work with people and the brain, but also to be in the medical field. I am planning on majoring in psychology, but wondering if I should major in pre-med or neurobiology or anything like that. #pre-med #clinical-psychology #psychiatry...

#psychiatrists

Blake S.’s Avatar
Blake S. May 16, 2016 619 views

Difference between actually counseling and being a psychiatrist?

I'm considering being a counseling psychologist or a psychiatrist, I'm wondering what people who are in these professions think about the two different careers. How do they differ? What kind of work do you do day to day? #psychology #counseling #psychiatry...

#psychiatrists

Tishina D.’s Avatar
Tishina D. May 15, 2016 502 views

What does work as a psychiatrist entail?

I enrolled as a psychology major at Rutgers and am interested in pursuing a career as a psychiatrist but am unsure if this is the right choice for me. I am more interested in the science and research aspect of this field rather than the communication aspect. Should I look into another career...

#psychologist #psychiatrists #psychiatry #psychology

Jian sheng L.’s Avatar
Jian sheng L. May 13, 2016 1606 views

If I want to become a psychiatrist, should I major in biology in college with the pre-med track or psychology with the pre-med track?

I want to become either a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist. I know that to become a clinical psychologist you don't have to go to medical school but to become a psychiatrist you do have to attend medical school. Is it better for me to major in psychology or biology if I want to get into...

#doctor #clinical-psychology #psychiatry #psychiatrists #medicine