Career Questions tagged Cyber

Moe A.’s Avatar
Moe A. Sep 06, 2019 146 views

Which Online Unitveristy for Cyber should I choose ?

Hello fellows, I have decided to get a bachelor's into Cybersecuirty, but I've been confusing with three (3) online universities which one of them has strong curriculum for Cyber, so I listed links of the three universities hereunder and I am looking for expertise or for anyone who has IT...

#university #cybersecurity #cyber #career #college-admissions #college-major

Jordyn M.’s Avatar
Jordyn M. Apr 24, 2018 418 views

Computer science vs Cybersecurity BS?

My school offers a BS in Computer Science and a BS in Cybersecurity. No specializations, they are their own separate BS degrees. They offer similar classes in the beginning, but then change and become more focused near the end. I am wanting to know, if anyone knows, what each field is like? For...

#cyber-security #cybersecurity #computerscience #technology #cyber #infosec #cybersec #compsci

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Dec 20, 2017 398 views

What are some jobs relevant to cyber security that I can acquire while attending graduate school ?

I'm in my first year of my cybersecurity graduate program and I want to obtain a part-time job working in roles related to cybersecurity. I'm wondering what kinds of positions I should be looking for that will allow me to obtain relevant experience. I would like something that will better...

#cyber-security #cyber #information-technology #law-enforcement #web-development #law

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Nov 29, 2017 367 views

What can I do to prepare and acquire a cyber security internship?

I'm halfway through my first year in my Cyber Security Master's program and I want to take any necessary steps to obtain the experience that I need to acquire a great job after graduation. I've never had any experience with applying to internships, specifically in cyber security and related...

#cyber-security #cyber-crime #cybersecurity #cyber #information-security #cybersecurity-workforce-development #internships

Sara H.’s Avatar
Sara H. Oct 26, 2016 601 views

If I don't know as much as my high school peers about tech, will I be behind in college?

The high school I currently attend doesn't have tech classes that delve into the topics of cyber security (or what cyber even is, for that matter), computer programming, or the basic fundamentals of how computers are built. Over the summer, I was chosen as a participant for the GenCyber Program...

#computer-security #computer-programming #cyber #computer-science

Dawson B.’s Avatar
Dawson B. Oct 19, 2016 416 views

How much does Ethical Hacking Pay

I was quite interested in the Cyber Security field of Ethical Hacking and I was wondering how much money they usually pay. #it #hacking #cyber #cyber-defense...

#ethical-hacking

Ariel H.’s Avatar
Ariel H. Oct 19, 2016 527 views

Is it best to take the path of Business Cyber Security or under Computer Science Cyber Security?

During a college visit at UTSA, one element of cyber security was under the umbrella of the School of Business. The other was under the umbrella of Computer Sciene. Which would you recommend as the best path to follow? #business #science #computer #security...

#cyber

Ariel H.’s Avatar
Ariel H. Oct 19, 2016 555 views

I want to be a cyber security guru, however; the cost of tuition is extravagant. How did you avoid becoming discouraged?

I have pretty much settled on 3 universities that I am very interested in attending. Each one is more expensive than the other. My parents cannot afford to pay the $200,000 tuition costs. The underpriviledged have federal aid and grants that do not have to be repaid. The wealthy have deep...

#computer #cyber #security #science